Buttons

Friday, March 6, 2015

Master of dimensions... Pleaser of crowds... I am... Dimentio!


I'm a big fan of the Paper Mario game series and was always curious as to what the flat 2D characters would look like if they were to be created into 3D, like for spin-off games. Probably my most favorite Paper Mario character is Dimentio from Super Paper Mario. A character made up of hard geometric angles, which accompanies his magic abilities with warping dimensions - a big theme with the game itself. I've drawn him hundreds of times each time getting a closer understanding for such a conversion into 3D space. 

Dimentio as he is in Super Paper Mario
The particular challenge was his outlines and the squares on his head, which I may add seem to defy the laws of space. I wanted to give the constant appearance that they were always facing the camera in a perfect diamond shape. I feel there are only further challenges with his cape which seem to add diamonds upon itself like a hidden chain whenever he raises his hands, but for the time being I think he came out just as envisioned.

~Bleep Bloop~

No comments:

Post a Comment